Thursday 2 June 2016

A HOUSEWIFE'S ANECDOTE. 03


   I had not intimated Adams about my change in plans, I wanted to, but on second thought I decided to surprise him,
I dropped off at his place, went to the foot mat at the rear door, took the key from underneath the mat and I let myself in, i cooked and cleaned up the place,took a nap, I woke up to an empty house, still no sign of Adams, I started getting a bit worried, the eery sound of my phone startled me, to my relieve, it was Adams, calling to check on my supposed journey, I decided to play along and told him I was almost at port Harcourt, I was already getting excited on how surprised, he would be when he walks in and finds me here. Stylishly I asked him where he was, and to my amazement, he said he was home hugging his pillow and missing me, geez!.
     At this point, let it be noted that, I could have sworn that Adams could never lie to me, I mentally began to question every other thing he had ever told me, I decided to play along with him, asking him, what he was wearing he went ahead and told me some cock and bull outfit he had on, to make matters worse, he blew me off by saying, his food was getting burnt,he had to rush off and check. My God! did I even know this guy?! I hung up and for the first time, I started to re-evaluate my decisions, maybe our relationship wasn't ready for this yet, a part of me wanted to call him and tell him the truth, and save myself whatever hurt that might come from this charade, I sat by the edge of the bed staring at the huge painting of his portrait on the wall, the painter did not do justice to his features, there was a certain hard edge just across his jawline, was I seeing things clearly in the light of this new event, common! people tell white lies all the time, I needed to step down from my sanctimonious stool and realise he was only human and therefore he was fallible.
    I sat in the darkness of the room, it was already past midnight, no sign of Adams and he did not even bother to call me after the first time to at least confirm if I had gotten home or not. I started dozing off and I was startled by the sound of boisterous laughter coming from the living room,I tiptoed to the room door and looked through the crack, it wasn't so clear,Adams had his back to me,and there was a figure sitting beside him on the settee, I couldn't see clearly, in my deliberation,her voice rang out, telling Adams, that she needed a shower, quickly I ran into the room and hid under his reading table, crouched underneath the table, I wondered why I was the one hiding, I wasn't the lying asshole here, while I was contemplating coming out of my hiding place and confronting them,they both stumbled in,obviously dead drunk. From beneath the table, I could clearly see the girl, a buxom young lady in her very early twenties, an enormous breast that reminded you of those surgeries on botched or Dr 90210, those medical reality shows where they perform corrective or enhancement surgeries,my innocent features paled beside this sex siren.
    I played out several scenes in my head on how I was going to crawl out from underneath the table and rain fire and brimstone on this philanderer, the only clause there was, I was weak, I wasn't that sort of girl to fight and curse,  I did not have a violent bone in my body, I was a naive girl who thought she had found the love of her life. Hot tears streamed down my face, my throat was closing up from the whole hurt I was feeling, the two love birds were already at it on the floor, on the bathroom floor for Pete's sake! I wasn't seeing them clearly but my God! you could hear them from across the street, I felt like an intruder.
   For someone, who gave me the impression that sex wasn't a priority, he displayed a lot of gusto with this strange girl, after a while I slipped into a more comfortable foetal position under the table, I thought of the promises of love and undying affection that Adams had promised me, I sobbed afresh, I wasn't crying because I  had just seen him make love to a random girl, I wasn't crying because he lied to me, I was crying because I was a weak and pathetic excuse for a human being, who hides under the table of her cheating boyfriend and watches him make love to another woman. I stayed in that position till the first ray of light, I stood up and went to the guest room, rinsed my face, I contemplated leaving and never contacting him again, but that would have been more stupid than my actions of the night before.
   I slipped into black jeans and a black top like I was in mourning, technically I was, my heart was broken and obliterated. I softly padded into Adams room, by this time it was near daybreak, the blinds were drawn so it was till dark, I receded into the shadows and stood and watched him as he cuddled the piece of shit he brought home, I wanted to be the first thing he saw when he awoke, I was patient, I just stood and waited with a satirical grin on my face.












Join Lilian every weekday, as she relives the good, bad and ugly memoirs of her marriage,love and life. 

   

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm.............firstly, I must say she was quite the silly type. WHY?! She had to sit under the table all night. Except she needed to have him sober so as to get the full effect of the scene(I would have done that) I see no reason why she shouldn't have gotten up from when they were present, walk out of the room, get her things and leave(I would have done that too).

Panacea said...

People react differently when faced with situations, but i agree with you, i would have stormed out too, probably shatter a few things before doing that.